Aetna Medicare Supplement Plans

Aetna Medicare Supplement Plans

Aetna Medicare Supplement Plans

Aetna Medicare Supplement Plans

Aetna is a Top Medicare Supplement insurance company and offers the following Medigap plans: A, B, F, High deductible F, G, and N. Aetna’s Medicare supplement plans include the following benefits no matter which plan you choose.

Medicare Part A Hospital Coverage

All plans include 100% coverage for Medicare Part A coinsurance. For example, if you get admitted as hospital inpatient, Original Medicare Part A only covers 80% of your hospital bills. However, all Aetna Medigap plans will cover the other 20%. In addition, Aetna supplement plans cover and pay the following hospital services:

  • After the first 20 days of skilled nursing, Aetna plans pay $176 coinsurance in 2020 (except plans A and B) up to 100 days. That’s a $14,080 benefit.
  • Between 61 days and 90 days in a Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH), Aetna plans pay $352 coinsurance each day in 2020. That’s a $10,560 benefit.
  • When a hospital has to buy blood for you, the first 3 pints of blood is covered by Aetna plans.

Long-term Care Hospitals are designed to treat patients for periods longer than 25 days. For example, these hospitals may treat patients on ventilators for an extended period of time or patients with severe wound or head injury. Since LTCH is not a skilled nursing facility, all Aetna Medigap plans cover this benefit.

Aetna Medigap Plans in 2020

Robert Bache, owner of Senior Healthcare Direct, goes through all the Aetna Medigap plans including household discounts which lowers your monthly premiums.

Medicare Part A Hospital Deductible

All Aetna Medigap plans cover and pay Part A deductible $1408 in 2020 except plan A. In other words, Aetna plans B, F, high deductible F, G, and N all cover Medicare Part A deductible. For example, if you had Aetna Medigap plan A and were admitted to the hospital as inpatient, you would have to come out-of-pocket $1408 before Medicare covered any of your hospital bills.

Medicare Part B Medical Coverage

In addition, every Aetna Medigap plan includes 100% coverage for Medicare Part B coinsurance. For example, when you visit a doctor’s office for outpatient service, Original Medicare Part B only covers 80% of your medical bills. With any Aetna Medigap plan it covers the other 20%. In addition, Aetna supplement plans cover and pay for the following medical services:

  • When colorectal cancer screening discovers the presence of abnormal tissue (polyp) and the doctor removes a sample for later examination, Aetna plans pay the 20% coinsurance for you.
  • After you pay $198 Part B deductible in 2020 (except plan F), Aetna plans pay 20% coinsurance cost for diabetes self-management training.
  • For men over the age of 50, Aetna plans pay 20% coinsurance cost for prostate cancer digital rectal exam after you pay $198 Part B deductible in 2020 (except plan F).

Aetna Medicare supplement plan F covers and pays the $198 Part B deductible for you. In addition, Medigap plan N may require Part B copayments for some medical services.

Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan N

Aetna Medigap Plan N may require you pay Part B copayments in the following cases:

  • Some medical office visits may require you to pay up to $20 per visit
  • Emergency room visits which do not result in inpatient admission may require up to $50 copayment

Compare Aetna Medigap Plans

You can use the chart below to compare Aetna Medigap Plans A, B, F, G and N. The spaces marked X do not cover that benefit. Foreign Travel Emergency benefits cover 80%. Consequently, the Medicare beneficiary pays the remaining 20% of the Medicare-approved amount.

Aetna Medicare Supplement Plans
Embed or Download Aetna Medigap Plans Infographic

Aetna Medicare Supplement Plans F and G

Aetna Medigap plans F, high deductible F, and G differ from other plans Aetna plans. Only these Aetna Medicare Supplement plans cover and pay Medicare Part B excess charges. Most doctors accept Medicare assignment and submit claims directly to Medicare. In this case, you are billed the Medicare approved amount. These doctors are called participating doctors. However, non-participating doctors can either accept or not accept Medicare assignment. If your doctor does not accept Medicare assignment, you will have to pay a 15% additional charge without Medigap Plan F or Plan G. In other words, if you have Aetna Medicare supplement plan G or F, you can avoid Part B excess charges.

However, if you do not have Medigap plans F or G, you can still avoid a Medicare Part B excess charges. You will need to research your doctor by using the Physican Compare tool and check if your doctor accepts Medicare Assignment.

How Does Aetna Prices Compare?

When you shop Medicare Supplement plans with a Medicare insurance broker like Senior Healthcare Direct, we can find you the best prices. We sell Medigap plans from all major insurance carriers such as Aetna, Mutual of Omaha, UnitedHealthcare and Anthem Blue Cross, and State Farm. When you compare prices of Medigap plans with multiple carriers, you can get the best price and save money. Call Senior Healthcare Direct at 1-855-368-4717 or click the get quote button below.

get quote button