Our Trusted Medicare Supplement Carriers
Medicare Supplement Plan G Pricing
It is important to understand that the letter of a Medicare Supplement Plan determines the coverage, not the Medicare Supplement Insurance Carrier. Even though the Medicare Supplement Plan G pricing can be different between the Carriers, the benefits will pay exactly the same.
There are three different ways Carriers price the Medicare Supplement Plan G.
- Attained Age
- Issued Age
- Community Rated
Senior Healthcare Direct, MedicareBob’s Office will help you shop and compare all of the top rated Medicare Supplement Plan G prices.
Medicare Supplement Plan G
The Medicare Supplement Plan G (also referred to as Medigap Plan G), is the second most comprehensive Plan that you can choose. The Plan G will pay all of the copays, deductibles, and co-insurance that original Medicare does not pay except for the Medicare Part B Deductible. For 2019 the Medicare Part B Deductible is only $185.00. So once you have paid the first $185.00 of your Doctor bills, you will have no more out of pocket costs for the remainder of the year.
With a Plan G, you will be able to go to any Hospital, Doctor or Provider that accepts Medicare. You will not need any referrals to see a Doctor.
On average the Medicare Supplement Plan F is $500 to $900 dollars more expensive than the Medicare Supplement Plan G. The only difference in coverage between the Plan F and the Plan G, is that Plan G requires you to pay the Medicare Part B annual deductible. The 2019 Medicare Part B Deductible is $185.00. It does not make sense for you to pay your Medicare Supplement Plan Carrier $300 to $600 dollars more so that they can pay your $185.00 dollar deductible?
Medicare Supplement Plan G will save you money!
Medigap Plan G: A Small Deductible = Big Savings
Medicare Supplement Plan G, also called Medigap Plan G, offers the greatest value out of all of the Medicare Supplement Plans for several reasons.
The first reason is that the Plan G covers each of the gaps in Medicare except for the annual Part B deductible. This deductible is only $185. If you compare the Plan G premiums to the Plan F premiums, the supplement Plan G saves quite a bit in premiums over Plan F. You will save money with the Plan G if you are willing to pay the very small $185 annual deductible.
Another reason, just like the Plan F, the Plan G will cover you when you are admitted into the hospital. For hospital stays, it covers all your hospital expenses. Most importantly, it pays the $1364 deductible that you would normally owe for any hospital stay in 2019.
Once you pay the first $185 in expenses for Part B services, like outpatient care, Medicare will pay 80% and the Medigap Plan G steps in to pay the remaining 20% on your behalf. The Part B deductible resets every January 1st.
Why pay the insurance Company $600 just for them to pay your $185 annual deductible? The Medicare Supplement G is usually a lot cheaper than Plan F, it makes sense to pay your own deductible and keep all of that extra savings from your premium in your pocket.
Plan G offers Greater Rate Stability
In recent years, we’ve seen Medicare Plan G sometimes have an increase of 4% or less with some carriers. This is considerably lower than the double digit rate increases from year to year we are seeing on Plan F.
The Medicare Supplement G = Great Value!
Contact Senior Healthcare Direct, MedicareBob’s office now to request a rate analysis for Medicare Supplement G policies in your area. We’d love to show the potentials savings that this supplement can put back into your pocket! Call today: 1-855-368-4717.