Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plans

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plans

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plans

Mutual of Omaha is a Top Medicare Supplement insurance company and offers the Medigap Plans A, F, High deductible F, G, and N. Specifically, Mutual of Omaha Medicare supplement plans include the following coverage benefits.

Medicare Part A Hospital Coverage

All Mutual of Omaha Medigap plans cover Medicare Part A coinsurance costs. For example, you are inpatient at skilled nursing facility, Original Medicare only pays 80% of your Part A hospital coverage. However, any Mutual of Omaha Medigap plan will pay the remaining 20%. In addition, Mutual of Omaha plans pay for the following hospital services:

  • After the first 20 days in a skilled nursing facility, Mutual of Omaha plans pay $176 coinsurance in 2020 (except plan A) up to 100 days. That’s a $14,080 benefit.
  • Between 61 days and 90 days in a Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH), Mutual of Omaha plans pay $352 coinsurance each day in 2020. That’s a $10,560 benefit.
  • When a hospital has to buy blood for you, the first 3 pints of blood is covered by Mutual of Omaha plans.

Skilled Nursing Facility care includes Medicare-covered services such as semi-private room (shared with other patients), meals, and medications. In a skilled nursing facility, you can receive physical therapy, occupational therapy, and dietary counseling. When other transportation endangers your health, you can get ambulance transportation to another facility nearby.

Mutual of Omaha Medigap Plans in 2020

MedicareBob aka Robert Bache, owner of Senior Healthcare Direct, goes through all Mutual of Omaha Medigap plans. In the video below, Robert says, “You can only purchase Plan F if you were eligible for Medicare before January 1, 2020”. In other words, anyone newly eligible for Medicare in 2020 can not buy Medigap plan F. Watch the video to find out how much of a discount Mutual of Omaha offers on Plan G and why MedicareBob calls Plan G the greatest value.

Medicare Part A Deductible

Every Mutual of Omaha Medigap plan covers and pays Part A deductible $1408 in 2020 except plan A. In other words, Mutual of Omaha plans F, high deductible F, G, and N all cover Medicare Part A deductible. For example, if you had Mutual of Omaha plan A and became inpatient at Skilled Nursing Facility, you would have to come out-of-pocket $1408 before Medicare pays anything.

Medicare Part B Medical Coverage

All Mutual of Omaha Medigap plans cover Part B coinsurance costs. For example, you get glaucoma test because you are at high risk for glaucoma. As a result, Original Medicare only covers 80%. With any Mutual of Omaha Medigap plan it covers the other 20%. You are at high risk for glaucoma if you have one or more of the following:

Medicare Part B medical coverage glaucoma test
  • Diabetes
  • Family history of glaucoma
  • African American age 50 or older
  • Hispanic age 65 or older

Moreover, for glaucoma tests you pay Medicare Part B deductible $198 in 2020 for all Mutual of Omaha Medigap plans except plan F. Glaucoma causes blindness. Vision loss from glaucoma is not reversible. In other words, there is no medical treatment to reverse glaucoma disease. However, if testing detects glaucoma, your eye doctor can prscribe preventive treatment. Thus, it is important you have regular eye exams.

In addition, Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plans cover and pay for the following medical services:

  • When colorectal cancer screening discovers the presence of abnormal tissue (polyp) and the doctor removes a sample for later examination, Mutual of Omaha plans pay the 20% coinsurance for you.
  • After you pay $198 Part B deductible in 2020 (except plan F), Mutual of Omaha plans pay 20% coinsurance cost for diabetes self-management training.
  • For men over the age of 50, Mutual of Omaha plans pay 20% coinsurance cost for prostate cancer digital rectal exam after you pay $198 Part B deductible in 2020 (except plan F).

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan F covers and pays the $198 Part B deductible for you. In addition, Medigap Plan N may require Part B copayments for some medical services.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan N

Mutual of Omaha Medigap Plan N may require you pay Part B copayments in the following cases:

  • Visits to some medical offices may require you to pay up to $20 per visit
  • Emergency room visits when you are not admitted as inpatient may require you to pay up to $50 copayment

What is not covered by Medigap Plan N?

Medicare Supplement Plan N does not cover the annual Part B deductible of $198 in 2020 nor does it cover Part B excess charges. Thus, Mutual of Omaha Medigap Plan N requires you to pay an annual $198 Part B deductible before Mutual of Omaha will cover any medical services.

Compare Mutual of Omaha Medigap Plans

Use the chart below to compare Medigap benefits side by side for all Mutual of Omaha Plans: A, F, High deductible F, G, and N. The spaces marked X do not cover that benefit. Foreign Travel Emergency benefit only covers 80%. As a result, Medicare beneficiaries pay the remaining 20%.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement benefits chart

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plans F and G

Mutual of Omaha plans F, high deductible F, and G are the only plans which cover and pay Medicare Part B excess charges. You can be charged Part B excess charges when your doctor does not accept Medicare assignment. For example, a non-participating doctor can either accept or not accept Medicare assignment. If your doctor does not accept Medicare assignment, you will have to pay a 15% additional charge without Medigap Plan F or G. In other words, if you have Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G or F, you can avoid Part B excess charges.

How to Avoid Medicare Part B Excess Charges

Apart from having Medigap Plan G or F, you can avoid Medicare Part B excess charges by checking if your doctor accepts Medicare assignment. The Physician Compare tool allows you to view which doctors accept Medicare Assignment.

Shop and Compare Medigap Plan Prices

A Medicare insurance broker like Senior Healthcare Direct can shop your Medigap plan with all major insurance carriers in your area so you get the best price. Senior Healthcare Direct can compare Medigap plan prices for whichever plan best suits your needs. For example, we can compare Medigap Plan G prices with insurance brands you know and trust such as Aetna, Mutual of Omaha, and UnitedHeathcare (AARP). When you shop and compare plan prices with multiple carriers you can choose the best price and save money. Call Senior Healthcare Direct at 1-855-368-4717 or click the get quote button below.

get quote button