Medigap Monday: Medicare Supplements covering Humira
If you take Humira or another prescription that you can get administered by a healthcare professional you are better off getting it done that way. Some prescriptions like Humira have the option to have it ordered through your Part D drug plan or you can go to a doctor’s office and they’ll administer it for you.
If you do it yourself, you will have to order it through your Part D drug plan, which can be very expensive and put you into the Donut Hole. If you have the option of getting it administered by your doctor through their office, it will be billed as a Medicare Part B service. So, if you have a Medigap or Medicare Supplement plan, Medicare will pay 80% and the supplement will pay the remaining 20%. Humira would be at little to no cost to you.