Medigap Monday: Does Medicare Supplement Plan G cover hospital bills?
The Medicare Supplement Plan G covers all of your Medicare Part A hospital deductible and services not once, but every time you are hospitalized. Medicare pays 80 percent and the Medicare Supplement Plan G pays the remaining 20 percent so you pay nothing.
Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) covers hospital services, including semi-private rooms, meals, general nursing, drugs as part of your inpatient treatment, and other hospital services and supplies. This includes the care you get in these facilities:
- Acute care hospitals
- Critical access hospitals
- Inpatient rehabilitation facilities
- Long-term care hospitals
Your cost with Original Medicare
- $1,340 deductiblefor each benefit period.
- Days 1–60: $0 coinsurancefor each benefit period.
- Days 61–90: $335 coinsurance per day of each benefit period.
- Days 91 and beyond: $670 coinsurance per each “lifetime reserve day” after day 90 for each benefit period (up to 60 days over your lifetime).
- Beyond lifetime reserve days: all costs.