Does Medicare Supplement Plan G Cover Chiropractors?

Medicare Supplement Chiropractic service

Medicare Supplement Plan G does cover Chiropractic services when medically necessary to correct spinal subluxation (a slight misalignment of the spinal vertebrae). This medical condition occurs when the bones of your spine move out of position (become misaligned). As a result, you may feel pain in the back or neck, have headaches, or lose the ability to move.

In this article, you will learn the Chiropractic costs covered by Medicare and what Medicare Supplement Plan G pays. Moreover, you can watch an educational video by Robert Bache and learn about a new Medicare-covered service for chronic lower back pain.

What do Chiropractic services cost without Medicare Plan G?

Original Medicare Part B covers 80% of the cost of chiropractic services. Thus, without Medigap Plan G, you pay the remaining 20% every time a chiropractor provides services. Furthermore, you pay the Part B deductible of $198 in 2020.

What do Chiropractic services cost with Medicare Plan G?

With Medigap Plan G, you only pay Part B deductible, and the supplement pays your 20% coinsurance every time you have chiropractic services. A chiropractor can bill you for chiropractic services (spinal vertebrae adjustments), and Plan G will cover the cost. Now you know what Plan G covers, so does it not cover?

What Chiropractic services does Plan G not cover?

Medigap Plan G pays for chiropractic services but does not cover any other services or tests ordered by a chiropractor. For example, Medicare does not cover X-rays ordered by a chiropractor. However, Medicare does cover X-rays ordered by your primary doctor.

MedicareBob Video on Chiropractic Services

Robert Bache, MedicareBob, has been educating people with Medicare videos for the past several years. In 2018, Robert made this video to answer the question, “Does Medicare Supplement Plan G cover chiropractic services?” Watch the video and find out how Plan G covers chiropractic services.

Do you have chronic lower back pain?

In addition to chiropractic service, Medicare now covers acupuncture to treat your chronic lower back pain. If you suffer from lower back pain, read this article on Medicare-covered acupuncture in 2020.

Medicare Supplement Chiropractic service