Medicare Supplement Plan N – Plan N Benefits – Plan N Quotes
Compare Medicare Supplement Plans Here: https://www.seniorhealthcaredirect.com/quote-3/
The Medicare Supplement Plan N is the third most comprehensive Medicare Supplement Plan of all the Medicare Supplements. The Medicare Supplement Plan N is a great plan for anyone that wants the flexibility of a Medicare Supplement but doesn’t want to pay a high premium. Medicare Supplement Plan N is also called Medigap Plan N. The Medicare Supplement Plan N does have a few out-of-pocket costs that come with it.
Since the Medicare Supplement Plan N has a lower premium than the Plan F and G, it does cover less. There are only 4 out of pocket costs that the Plan N requires you to pay compared to the Plan F or Plan G.
- The Part B Deductible (The deductible for 2019 is $185.00) You would be required to pay that deductible in full before the plan picks up the rest.
- Co-pays. The Plan N comes with some co-pays. Up to a $20.00 primary/specialist co-pay. You will not be billed this at the time of service but sent a bill in the mail.
- $50.00 ER co-pay. A helpful tip, if you are admitted to the hospital, that $50.00 fee will be waived. Again, if you do have to pay this, you will not pay it at the time of service. You will receive a bill in the mail from the hospital.
- Part B Excess charges. This is when the doctors are allowed to charge and additional 15% over and above what Medicare has approved. (NOTE: Part B Excess charges are not allowed in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont.
Here are two ways to avoid Part B excess charges:
- Use doctors who accept Medicare Assignment. There is a database maintained at Medicare.gov that attempts to keep track of all doctors who accept Medicare and tells if they accept the assigned rate. You should always confirm with your doctor’s office if they accept the Medicare assignment or if they charge excess charges, just to be sure.
- Buy a Medicare Supplement policy that pays for excess Part B charges. Medicare Supplements Plan F and Plan G are the only Medicare Supplements that provide coverage for excess charges.
The Medicare Supplement Plan N is offered nationwide with all the top carriers, to name a few, Aetna Medicare Supplement N, Cigna Medicare Supplement N, AARP Medicare Supplement Plan N, Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan N, Manhattan Life Medicare Supplement Plan N, Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Supplement Plan N, United American Medicare Supplement Plan N, Heartland National Medicare Supplement Plan N, Bankers Fidelity Medicare Supplement Plan N, United Healthcare Medicare Supplement Plan N, GPM Medicare Supplement Plan N and there are more great Carriers offering the Medicare Supplement Plan N.
If you have any questions regarding Medicare Supplements, please give our office a call at 1-855-368-4717 or visit one of our pages:
Website – https://www.seniorhealthcaredirect.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/MedicareBob/
Podcast – https://anchor.fm/MedicareBob
Twitter – https://twitter.com/MedicareBob