Manhattan Life Medicare Supplement Plans
Manhattan Life is a Top Medicare Supplement insurance company . It offers the following Medigap plans: A, C, F, G, and N. Manhattan Life’s Medicare Supplement Plans offer you the following benefits.
Medicare Part A Hospital Coverage
Manhattan Life Medigap Plans cover Medicare Part A hospital coinsurance costs. For example, if you get into a vehicle accident, you may need hospitalization. Original Medicare only covers 80% of your hospital costs. However, every Manhattan Life Medigap plan pays your 20% coinsurance costs which include the following hospital costs:
- Manhattan Life pays $176 coinsurance in 2020 for days 21 thru 100 in a skilled nursing facility on Medigap Plans C, F, G, and N. However, only the first twenty days are covered by Plan A.
- Manhattan Life pays $352 coinsurance in 2020 for days 61 thru 90 in a Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH). These thirty days in an LTCH adds up to over ten-thousand dollars in benefits.
- With a Manhattan Life Medigap plan, the hospital covers the first three pints of blood.
Moreover, Medicare Part A also covers mental health services up to 190 days in a psychiatric hospital. Now that you know what hospital services are covered, how much is the Part A hospital deductible for Manhattan Life Medigap Plans?
Medicare Part A Deductible
All Manhattan Life Medigap plans pay the $1408 Part A hospital deductible except Plan A. In other words, Manhattan Life Plans C, F, G, and N all cover 100% of Part A deductible. Now you know the hospital services and costs covered by Manhatten Life. Next, let’s look at Part B medical services and costs.
Medicare Part B Medical Coverage
All Manhattan Life Medicare Supplement plans cover Part B coinsurance. For example, if you are one of the 34.2 million Americans with diabetes, Medicare Part B covers eye exams for diabetic retinopathy. Original Medicare only pays 80% of the Medicare-approved amount for the service of your ophthalmologist. However, Manhattan Life Medigap Plans cover the other 20%. Furthermore, you must pay $198 Part B deductible in 2020, unless you have Plans C or F.
Moreover, Manhattan Life Medigap Plans also cover glaucoma tests once every 12 months if you are at high risk for glaucoma. Anyone with the following medical conditions is high-risk and can get glaucoma tests:
- You have diabetes.
- You have a family history of glaucoma.
- Any African American age 50 or older.
- Any Hispanic age 65 or older.
Furthermore, Manhattan Life medical services cover the following preventive services:
- Manhattan Life pays 20% coinsurance when colorectal cancer screening discovers the presence of abnormal tissue (polyp), and the doctor removes a sample for later examination.
- Manhattan Life pays 20% coinsurance to diagnose and treat your mental health after you pay $198 Part B deductible in 2020 (except for plans C and F).
- For men over the age of 50, Manhattan Life pays 20% coinsurance for prostate cancer digital rectal exam after you pay $198 Part B deductible (except plans C and F).
Manhattan Life Medigap Plans C and F pay your $198 Part B deductible. All Manhattan Life plans have specific coverage benefits and costs. First, let’s look at Plan N.
Manhattan Life Supplement Plan N
Manhattan Life Medigap Plan N pays 100% of the following Part A benefits:
- Part A hospital, hospice care, and skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- Part A $1408 hospital deductible in 2020
- First three pints of blood as a hospital inpatient
Furthermore, Manhattan Life Plan N covers the first three pints of blood as a hospital outpatient under Medicare Part B. Moreover, 100% of Part B coinsurance is covered by Manhattan Life Plan N expect in the following cases:
- Outpatient visits to a medical facility (doctor’s office) will require you to pay up to $20 per visit
- Outpatient emergency room visits will cost you $50 copayment
Finally, Manhattan Life Plan N covers 80% of Foreign Travel Emergency. So now you know what is covered by Manhattan Life Medigap Plan N. So what doesn’t Plan N cover?
What is not covered by Manhattan Life Plan N?
Manhattan Life Medicare Supplement Plan N does not cover the annual part B deductible of $198 in 2020. Furthermore, it does not include Part B excess charges. As a result, you must pay $198 Part B deductible once per year before Manhattan Life covers any medical services. So that’s what Manhattan Life Medigap Plan N does not cover. How does Plan N compare to other Manhattan Life Medigap Plans?
Compare Manhattan Life Medicare Supplement Plans
You can use the chart below to compare Manhattan Life Medigap Plan side-by-side. The benefits marked by X are not covered. However, fully covered benefits show 100%. Partial benefits on Foreign Travel only include 80% coverage. This chart can help you quickly compare the benefits of Manhattan Life Medicare Supplement plans. Furthermore, you can download this chart for future reference.
Manhattan Life Medicare Supplement Plans C and F
Starting on January 1, 2020, Medigap plans sold to “new people” are not allowed to cover the Part B deductible. As a result, people newly eligible for Medicare in 2020 are not allowed to buy Plans C or F. If you were eligible before January 1, 2020, or already have Plans C or F, you can keep your plan. In this latter case, Manhattan Life Plan C and F pays your Part B deductible of $198 in 2020. However, only Plan F pays Part B excess charges. Manhattan Life Plan G is similar to Plan F.
Manhattan Life Medicare Supplement Plan G
Manhattan Life’s Medigap plan G has the same benefits of Plan F, except you pay the $198 Part B deductible once per year. When you compare the monthly premium saving on Plan G compared to Plan F, you can save hundreds per year. That is why Senior Healthcare Direct calls Plan G the “greatest value.” You can find out how much you can save on Plan G by shopping for the best price at 1-855-368-4717.
Shop and Compare Medigap Plans
You can shop and compare Medigap Plans with the best prices by using the free services of a Medicare insurance broker. Senior Healthcare Direct can shop and compare Medigap Plans with 30+ A-rated carriers, including Manhattan Life, Bankers Fidelity, Cigna, State Farm, Anthem Blue Cross, and Transamerica. Call Senior Healthcare Direct at 1-855-368-4717 or click the get quote button.