Humana Medicare Supplement Plans
Humana is a Top Medicare Supplement insurance company and offers the following Medigap plans: A, B, F, High deductible F, G, K, L, and N. Humana’s Medicare Supplement plans offer you the following benefits.
Medicare Part A Hospital Coverage
Humana Medigap Plans cover Medicare Part A hospital coinsurance costs. For example, you get infected by the Coronavirus and need hospitalization. Original Medicare will only cover 80% of hospital costs. However, all Humana Medigap Plans pay your 20% coinsurance costs which include the following hospital services:
- Humana pays $176 coinsurance in 2020 for days 21 thru 100 in a skilled nursing facility on Medigap Plans C, F, G, and N. However, Plan K pays $88 coinsurance (50%), and Plan L pays $132 coinsurance (75%) during this same period. Furthermore, Plans A and B only pay for the first 20 days under Original Medicare.
- Humana pays $352 coinsurance in 2020 for days 61 thru 90 in a Long-Term Care Hospital (LTHC). These 30 benefit days in LTHC add up to $10,560.
- When a hospital needs to buy blood for you, Humana Medigap plans pay for the first three pints of blood. However, Plans K only pays 50%, and Plan L only pays 75%.
Medicare only covers the first 100 days in a Skilled Nursing Facility. After one hundred days, you are responsible for all costs. Now that you know what hospital services are covered, how much is the Part A hospital deductible for Humana Medigap Plans?
Medicare Part A Deductible
All Humana Medigap Plans pay the $1408 Part A hospital deductible expect Plan A. However, Plan K only pays $704 (50%), and Plan L only pays $1056 (75%) of the Part A deductible. In other words, Humana Plans B, C, F, High deductible F, G, and N pay 100% of Part A deductible. You now know the Part A hospital coverage and costs for Humana Plans. Moreover, Humana Plans cover the following Part B medical services.
Medicare Part B Medical Coverage
All Humana Medigap Plans cover Part B coinsurance. However, Plan K only covers 50%, and Plan L only covers 75%. For example, while walking your dog, you trip and fall. You see your medical doctor, and he orders an X-ray. Original Medicare only covers 80% of diagnostic x-rays. A Humana Medigap Plans A, B, C, F, High deductible F, G, and N all cover the other 20%. However, Plan K only covers 50%, and Plan L only covers 75%.
Moreover, X-rays require you to pay $198 Part B deductible in 2020. If you get the X-ray in a hospital outpatient setting, you will also have a copayment. In addition to X-rays, Humana Medicare Supplements cover the following medical services:
- Humana pays 20% coinsurance when colorectal cancer screening discovers the presence of abnormal tissue (polyp), and the doctor removes a sample for later examination.
- Humana pays 20% coinsurance to diagnose and treat your mental health condition after you pay $198 Part B deductible in 2020 (except Plans C and F).
- For men over the age of 50, Humana Plans pay 20% coinsurance for prostate cancer digital rectal exam after you pay $198 Part B deductible (except Plans C and F).
Humana Medigap Plans C and F pay the $198 Part B deductible for you. Each Medigap plan has its specific coverage and costs. First, let’s look at Humana Plan N.
Humana Supplement Plan N
Humana Medigap Plan N pays 100% of the following Part A benefits:
- Part A hospital, hospice care, and skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- Part A $1408 hospital deductible
Furthermore, Humana Plan N covers 100% of Part B coinsurance costs except in the following cases:
- Outpatient visits to a medical facility (doctor office) will require you to pay up to $20 per visit
- Outpatient emergency room visits will cost you $50 copayment
However, should your visit to a medical facility result in your inpatient admission, you will not have any copayment. Furthermore, should your emergency room visit result in you becoming an inpatient, you will not have any copayment.
Finally, Humana Plan N covers the first three pints of blood and 80% of Foreign Travel Emergency. Now you know what is covered by Humana’s Plan N. So what doesn’t Plan N cover?
What is not covered by Humana Plan N?
Humana’s Medicare supplement plan does not cover the annual Part B deductible of $198 in 2020. Furthermore, it does not include Part B excess charges. Thus, Humana’s Medigap Plan N requires you to pay the annual $198 Part B deductible before Humana covers any medical services. Now you know what Humana Plan N covers and does not cover. So how do all Humana Plans compare side-by-side?
Compare Humana Medigap Plans
You can use the chart below to compare Humana Medigap Plans side-by-side. Benefits not covered are marked with X. Fully covered benefits show 100%. Partially benefits indicated by a percentage such as 50% with Plan K, 75% with Plan L, and 80% with Foreign Travel Emergency. This chart can help you quickly compare the benefits of Humana plans. You can download this chart for future reference.
MedicareBob Video on Humana Medigap Plans F, G, and N
You can watch Robert Bache’s MedicareBob video about Humana’s Medigap Plans F, G, and N. In this video, you will learn how Medicare Plan F works, which MedicareBob calls “Full Coverage.” You will also learn about Medicare Plan G, which MedicareBob calls “Greatest Value.” Lastly, you will discover how Part B excess charges work with Plan N.
Humana Medicare Supplement Plans C and F
Anyone who newly enrolls in Medicare on or after January 1, 2020 cannot get Medigap Plans C and F. However, anyone who had Plan C or F before January 1, 2020, can keep it. Humana Plan C and F pays your Part B deductible of $198 in 2020. Both of these plans pay 80% foreign travel emergency. However, only Plan F pays Part B excess charges. Humana Plan G is similar to Plan F.
Humana Medicare Supplement Plan G
Senior Healthcare Direct believes Plan G offers you the greatest value. You can save hundreds per year on monthly premiums on Plan G compared to Plan F. The only difference is you Plan G requires you to pay a one-time annual $198 Part B deductible in 2020. Find out how much you can save on Plan G by shopping for the best price at 1-855-368-4717.
Shop and Compare Medigap Plan Prices
You can shop and compare the best prices on Medigap plans when you use a Medicare insurance broker. Senior Healthcare Direct can get you the coverage you need at the best price. We can compare prices with over 30 A-rated insurance carriers, including Humana, Cigna, State Farm, and Anthem Blue Cross. Call Senior Healthcare Direct at 1-855-368-4717 or click the get quote button below.