Whether you have Original Medicare or an Advantage plan, you can change to a Medicare Supplement Plan during Medicare’s Annual Election Period. By enrolling in a Medigap plan, you may be able to lower your annual out-of-pocket costs. For example, Original Medicare typically covers 80% of medical bills, which means that you pay the remaining 20% out-of-pocket cost without a Medigap plan. Moreover, Medicare Advantage plans often require copays to see your doctor.
All Medigap plans (except plans K and L) cover 100% of outpatient (Part B) medical services. Depending on your Medicare Supplement plan, however, you may have to pay the annual Part B deductible. You can get your quote for a Medigap Plan or call Senior Healthcare Direct at 1-833-463-3262, TTY 711.
During Medicare’s Annual Election Period each year from October 15 through December 7, you can sign up or change your Medicare Part D plan. If you have Original Medicare, you can enroll in a stand-alone Part D prescription drug plan. Furthermore, Medicare beneficiaries with Part D can switch to a different drug plan. You also have the option to drop your Part D plan. However, if you don't have creditable drug coverage , you could incur Medicare Part D late enrollment penalties.
Our licensed agents at Senior Healthcare Direct can help you compare drug plans and save money on your drug costs. Call Senior Healthcare Direct today at 1-833-463-3262 TTY 711 and learn how you can lower your Part D drug costs.
Have you received a notice of changes to your Medicare plan? Every year, your Medicare Advantage (MA) or Part D prescription drug plan will send you an Annual Notice of Change (ANOC). According to Medicare.gov , you should receive the ANOC by the end of September and it may include changes in coverage, costs and service. Any changes to your MA or Part D plan become effective in January. You should review your ANOC changes to decide whether to keep or change your current Medicare plan.
Enrolling in a Medicare Advantage Plan
If you have Original Medicare with a Part D prescription drug plan, you can enroll in a Medicare Advantage (MA) plan with drug coverage and get extra benefits. For example, you can sign up for an MA plan that includes vision benefits, which cover the cost of eyeglasses and contact lenses. Call Senior Healthcare Direct at 1-833-463-3262, TTY 711 to enroll in an MA plan and a licensed agent can assist you.