Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplement
Anthem Blue Cross is a Top Medicare Supplement insurance company. This insurance carrier offers 7 Medigap Plans: A, F, high deductible F, G, K, L, and N. All Anthem Blue Cross supplement plans provide more coverage benefits than Original Medicare.
After you read this Medicare article, you will know what all Anthem Blue Cross Medigap plans cover and cost. Plus, you can download a free Anthem Blue Cross Medigap Plan comparison chart! So you can easily compare available plans for 2020.
Medicare Part A Hospital Coverage
All Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplement plans cover Medicare Part A coinsurance costs. For example, you are an inpatient at a hospital or skilled nursing facility. All Anthem Blue Cross Medigap plans will pay the 20% coinsurance that Original Medicare does not pay. Moreover, Anthem Blue Cross Medicare plans pay the following hospital services:
- After the first 20 days in a skilled nursing facility, Anthem Blue Cross plans pay $176 coinsurance in 2020 (except plan A) up to 100 days. That’s a $14,800 benefit.
- Between 61 days and 90 days in a Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH), Anthem Blue Cross Medigap plans pay $352 coinsurance each day in 2020. That’s a $10,560 benefit.
- Every 60 day benefit period as a hospital inpatient, Anthem Blue Cross Medigap plans (except plan A) pay $1408 Part A deductible in 2020. Since there are six benefit periods in a year, that’s an $8,448 benefit.
When you add up these hospital benefits, Anthem Blue Cross Medigap plans F, G, N, K, and L benefits total $33,808. Your next type of Medicare benefits is Medicare Part B medical coverage.
Medicare Part B Medical Coverage
All Anthem Blue Cross Medigap plans cover Part B coinsurance costs. For example, you get a foot injury or diseases such as hammertoe, bunion, or heel spurs. IN this case, the medical services of a podiatrist (foot doctor), Original Medicare only covers 80%. However, all Anthem Blue Cross Medigap plans (expect plans K and L) pays the other 20% not covered by Original Medicare.
Seniors may develop the following foot problems:
- Bunions are painful, bony bumps that develop on the outside of the big toe joint.
- Corns are thickened patches of dead skin that may develop in response to the constant rubbing from ill-fitting shoes.
- Hammertoes refers to a toe that points curls up, rather than lying flat.
- Heel Spurs are bony growths that develop along the heel bone, which makes standing and walking very painful.
Anthem Blue Cross Medigap Plan K pays 50%, and Plan L pays 75% of coinsurance for foot doctor medical services. Beyond foot care services, Anthem Blue Cross plans pay for the following preventive care as well:
- When colorectal cancer screening discovers the presence of abnormal tissue (polyp), and the doctor removes a sample for later examination, Anthem Blue Cross plans cover the 20% coinsurance.
- After you pay the $198 Part B deductible in 2020 (except plan F), Anthem Blue Cross plans pay 20% coinsurance cost for diabetes self-management training.
- For men over the age of 50, Anthem Blue Cross plans cover 20% coinsurance for prostate cancer digital rectal exam after you pay the $198 Part B deductible (except plan F).
In particular, Anthem Blue Cross Plan F pays the $198 Part B deductible. Moreover, Plans N may require Part B copays for specific medical services.
Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplement Plan N
Anthem Blue Cross Medigap Plan N requires you to make copayments in the following cases:
- When you visit the doctor as an outpatient, you have copay up to $20 per visit.
- Outpatient emergency room visits require copays up to $50
However, in the following cases, no copay is necessary:
- You visit your doctor and get admitted to as inpatient
- Emergency room visit results in you getting admitted as an inpatient
What Plan N does not cover
Anthem Blue Cross Plan N does not cover the annual “one-time” Part B deductible of $198 in 2020. Neither does it pay Part B excess charges. Thus, Plan N requires you to pay the Part B deductible before Anthem Blue Cross covers any medical services.
Anthem Blue Cross Medigap Plans Comparison Chart
The chart below compares the Medigap Plans side by side for all Anthem Blue Cross plans. You can quickly compare the coverage benefits of Medicare plans A, F, G, K, L, and N. The spaces marked X do not cover that benefit. While the plans which are marked “100%” does include that benefit.
Anthem Blue Cross Plans K and L
Plan K only covers 50% of Medicare-approved costs (except for Part A hospital coinsurance). Likewise, Plan L only covers 75% of Medicare-approved amounts (except for Part A hospital coinsurance).
Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplement Plans F and G
Anthem Blue Cross Medigap Plan F, high deductible Plan F, and Plan G pay Medicare Part B Excess Charges. All other plans do not. Moreover, Plan F is the only Anthem Blue Cross Medigap plan that pays Part B deductible of $198 in 2020.
Foreign Travel Emergency
Foreign Travel Emergency benefit covers 80% of your Medicare-approved costs for Plans F, G, and N. In other words, you pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount. Furthermore, you must pay the annual Part B deductible (expect Plan F).
Shop and Save on your Medigap Plan
Senior Healthcare Direct can compare your Medigap Plan prices with Anthem Blue Cross and many other A+ rated insurance carriers. You can compare Medigap Plan prices with insurance brands you know, such as Anthem Blue Cross, Humana, UnitedHealthcare AARP, Cigna, and State Farm. For example, you can shop Medicare Supplement Plan G with multiple carriers and choose the best price to save you money. Call Senior Healthcare Direct at 1-855-368-4717 or click the get quote button below.